Just yesterday, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.164 to Windows Insiders as well as any user with a phone that came with Windows 10 Mobile pre-installed like the Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950 XL, etc
As usual this build doesn't bring any new features, but just like any other Cumulative update incorporates bug fixes and performance improvements along with stability fixes. If you are curious enough, below is a quick run down what is fixed and what has been improved with this build.
10.0.10586.164 OS update (March 2016) for Lumia Phones with Windows 10. Key improvements in this release include:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
In order to get the update, simply head to settings : update & recovery: phone update and check for updates.
Download the update and let us know if you faced any issue that was fixed in this build for you, in the comments below.