If you are an insider, searching around the web to get the latest Redstone Mobile preview builds on your Lumia but not been able to because of the restriction Microsoft has put in, then you are in the right place, we got you covered!
The Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build 14267.xxx was announced only for a couple of handsets that came with Windows 10 Mobile pre-installed like the Lumia x50 series etc
However, the guys over at XDA have also brought up a hack to get the Redstone builds on an Lumia running Windows 10 Mobile and on Fast Ring, specifically older Lumia.
Caution: we don't recommend following the steps that you are to about to see as it may cause serious damage to your handset, and may brick it. So, try this at your own risk.
Here is how to get it:
- Download Windows Insider app from store.
- Then download this Registry Edior vcReg_1.5 and deploy on it your device.
- Then go to vcreg > … > templates > check mark, live interop and restore Ndtksvc and click on apply.
- Then deploy customPFD and move it to HKLM–>SYTEM–>Platform–>DeviceTargetingInfo then change
a) PhoneManufacturer “=MicrosoftMDG
b)c hange” PhoneManufacturerModelName “=RM-1085_113025.
- Now open Windows insider app, select fast ring, accept the message prompt, as usual and then check for update in phone update under settings. Download the update!
For more information, you can visit the Source link