Today, Microsoft released Build 14271 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring, and on the other hand also released Build 14267.1004 for mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
For PC, Build 14271 brings a lot of improvements and bug fixes that are based on feedback Microsoft has received from Windows Insiders.
Here’s what’s fixed for PC :
- We fixed an issue where the window borders on apps would change from accent color to black after every upgrade to a new build.
- We have updated the music control icons that are shown in taskbar previews in music apps like Groove to look more crisp and clean at higher resolutions.
- We fixed an issue where the taskbar would sometimes not auto-hide and show unexpectedly on top of full screen windows such as showing above a PowerPoint presentation when in slideshow mode.
- We fixed an issue where the “Hide notifications while presenting” setting preference is lost after upgrading to a new build.
- The entire app header in Action Center is now right-clickable instead of just the app name or “x”.
- We made it easier to dismiss all notifications from a specific app in Action Center by increasing the target area to encompass the entire app header.
- We fixed an issue where interaction notifications would not show a button to input text in some cases.
- Fast user switching should work now with Picture Password.
- We fixed an issue where some desktop (Win32) apps look missing from Start.
- We fixed an issue where the accent color does not automatically change when the slideshow option is chosen for your desktop background.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267.1004 is the same build which microsoft released on Friday but with two very important fixes and one new feature:
- We fixed the issue reported by Insiders in Build 14267 where the Lumia 550 no longer charges or connects via USB. If you hit this issue on your Lumia 550 – we have laid out guidance on various methods to get back into a good state here.
- We fixed the issue preventing Visual Voicemail notifications from happening.
- We’re introducing Visual Voicemail for dual-SIM devices such as dual-SIM Lumia 950 XL! Work for this feature was in Friday’s release but due to the above mentioned bug impacting notifications it was not working correctly. But now the experience should be working as expected.
- We’ve released an update to the People app that brings back the history feature. For a given contact you communicate with, you can view the interaction, whether by today, yesterday, last week etc. Right now, your Skype messages won’t show up in history yet but we’re working on enabling this in a future update. Also – we’re tracking a bug in which opening an email item in history might not take you to that specific email.
NOTE:- Microsoft initially making new mobile builds from our Development Branch available only to devices that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile. Currently this includes the Lumia 950, 950 XL, 650, 550, and Xiaomi Mi4. Today one more device added to this list ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce XL.
Microsoft also planning to expand this build to other devices once they start releasing Windows 10 Mobile to other devices.
So, stay connected with us for more News about new builds.