The brand new Lumia 950 and 950 XL comes with a neat, amazing feature, Windows Hello. Windows Hello, the biometric authentication system which Microsoft brought to devices running Windows 10 like the Surface Pro 4.
With Windows Hello, you’ll be able to sign-in or unlock your device with your face, or touch your finger, and be immediately recognized. It is much more convenient than typing a password, which makes it more secure! What is more, this system enables you to authenticate applications, enterprise content, and even certain online experiences without a password being stored on your device or a remote place.
With enough being said, let us know how to actually get started if you own a brand new Lumia 950/950XL
- Head to settings > accounts > sign-in options
- In case, if you have not already set up a PIN, do it by tapping on "Add"
- Next. Under Windows Hello section, tap "Set up" . The welcome screen pops up, tap on "Get Started"
- Punch in the PIN you created in Step 2 above and on the next screen Tap "Next"
- Hold the phone in-front of your eyes while the system captures the necessary info (your iris)
- Once done, you can tap close on the next screen
But wait a sec, how do you test it ? It is rather simple, lock your phone with the lock button and then push it again while you hold the phone in front of you. The phone tests and recognizes you, and ultimately logs you in, in a jiffy!
Please note Windows Hello requires special hardware for in order to work.