After bringing the cast to YouTube users with "Tubecast", developer Webrox has released a new streaming media app Playcast for Windows 10 as well as Windows 10 Mobile.
Playcast is an awesome Mediaplayer for playing or casting your videos, songs or pictures to your TV, Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, Apple TV (AirPlay), DLNA Smart TV, Internet Box, XBOX One, XBOX 360 etc.
Some of the notable features of the app include:
- Playlists / add to queue
- local and cloud files (OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox etc.)
- Fast and handy interface
- Universal app (Continuum ready)
- Slideshows and shuffle
- Picture in preview (PIP)
The app aslo supports Continuum feature, which is pretty nice.
Several cool ways to use Playcast :
- Use it as your main media player / music player
- Send your music playlist to your TV during your diner
- Send a diaporama of your holidays pictures and videos to your TV
- Create a movie then watch it on your TV.
If you want to try out the app, it is $3.99 but comes wth a fully-functional week-long free trial and can be found in the Windows Store here.